Our dentists may recommend a night guard if you suffer from bruxism. Bruxism, or teeth grinding and clenching, is a chronic condition that can occur at any time but is more common while asleep. Bruxism is one of the largest contributing factors to tooth damage and can cause many oral health problems, including:
- Broken, fractured or chipped teeth
- Excessively worn down teeth and tooth enamel
- Broken dentures or other oral appliances
- Chronic headaches and migraines
- Sore jaw joints (contributing to TMJ disorders)
- Pain and tension in the head, neck and shoulder muscles
- Pain and tightness in jaw muscles
- Earaches and ear ringing
- Increased tooth sensitivity
- Indentations on the side of the tongue
Night guards are a special type of mouth guard and are custom-designed to fit your mouth perfectly. This oral appliance prevents your teeth from touching while asleep, alleviating bruxism and preventing any further damage from occurring. Once your bruxism has been brought under control and the damage to your teeth has been halted, our dentists can work with you to create a plan to restore your teeth, smile and oral health.
To schedule a consultation with Dr. Jeffrey Chung and associates and learn more about night guards in Spring, Texas, call Serenity Dental of Spring today at 281-825-5522.